What am I thinking

Monday, April 24, 2006

pollen, fog, and outta-shape-cyclist, oh my!

I finally rode my bike back into work today for the first time in a couple of weeks. Leaving my place in Vienna, everything looked pretty cool. Literally cool. It was humid (rainy weekend and all) with temps in the mid-50's, but nice and sunny. You know, nice bike commuting weather. I wore just my shorts, jersey, and a wind vest. A nice change from the previous commutes with long sleeved jersey, wind vest, rain jacket, leg warmers and duct tape over the vents in the shoes.

So, I'm plodding along and as I approach the Hunter Mill Crossing (Center of map, the trail isn't marked, but you can see the cut in the trees for it...) and it starts to get prety foggy. I look down at my arms. You know how a spider's web will glisten in the morning dew? Well, the fog was condensing on my armhairs and had the same appearence. I've had that happen before when hiking. It's pretty cool. As I said, it was humid.

I got to the office and everything was fine and dandy. Since I'd been off of the bike for so long, I actually had rested my body tremendously and felt stronger than before. Of course, I also wasn't carrying a lot of weight with me since it was warmer than before. After I showered and walked up to my office and was putting the bike on our indoor rack, I notice my bike and water bottle are covered in pollen. No wonder the water tasted slighly off...

Ahhhh spring has sprung, the grass is riz.
I wonder where my allergy pill is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home