What am I thinking

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Cycling Math

Riding west to get to work
+Wind for region predominantly from the West
+slight net gain in elevation over commute route
+wind advisory for the day until 1:00 pm
+Out of cycling/general shape fat guy
+Early in cycling season
=
holy poop I'm tired!!

I used to ride to work on my bicycle pretty regularly. Then my bike met an untimely demise on a roof rack last fall and it took me a while to replace her. Well, I finally got a Jamis Eclipse road bike. It's black with Campy Centaur components. The down tube (from handlebars down to where the pedals attach to the crank set) and chain stays (bars on either side of the chain parallel to the ground) are steel (painted dark silver) and the rest of the bike is woven carbon fiber. I've ridden to work a few times this year already, but oh man, today's ride was a serious effort. We're under a wind advisory with steady winds 20-30 mph from the West North West, and gusts up to 45 mph. But, hey, if I wanted an easy way to work, I'd drive my car...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home